Friday, October 14, 2011

Perspective




This is Tia. She is seven. She loves puppies, her grandparents, and riding her horse in the rodeo.

I visited Tia and her family this summer. Her father told me how hard she is working to win the local goat roping rodeo competitions. When we talked, she showed me the silver spurs on her cowboy boots. "They're for rattlesnakes," she said. "I'll stomp on 'em with my spurs if they try to bite me."

Tia clearly has what it takes to win the goat roping rodeo.

Although Tia lives at a Trading Post with plenty of livestock, she needed her own goat for rodeo practice.



This is Billy.

Tia's dad and I picked him out for her this summer. It's what I think of as a win-win. I am the proud owner of a goat despite the fact that I live 3,000 miles away in an apartment in Massachusetts. Tia has an obliging goat that doesn't mind being chased around by a second grader.



As you can see, Billy is perfect for his job.

Rodeo season starts soon. I'm looking forward to hearing how Tia and Billy do. I have faith in this girl & goat team. I hope they win.

No comments:

Post a Comment